New Ingredient Alert! I’ve never cooked with delicata squash before. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever even had a delicata squash in my kitchen. I’m so glad I tried this, because these little stuffed squashes are delicious, easy, and good for you!
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time35 min
- Total Time45 min
- Yield2 servings
- Energy240 cal
- 2 Delicata Squash
- 1 bunch Kale, stems removed
- 1-2 Leeks,
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1, 15 oz. can of Chickpeas – rinsed well
- Fresh Sage, Chopped
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 375°. Wash squash well because you can eat the skin.
Cut squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds and gooey bits. Drizzle or spray a little olive oil on the cut side of the squash (I use an olive oil mister to evenly coat with just a small amount). Season with salt and pepper.
Place in the oven, cut side down, for about 20 minutes, until squash is tender but not falling apart.
While squash is roasting, wash leeks and kale well. Chop leeks, discarding the dark green parts. Remove stems from kale and roughly chop leaves if necessary.
Cook leeks and garlic in pan with a small amount of olive oil until tender. Add kale, chickpeas and sage and cook another 5-7 minutes.
Remove squash from the oven and scoop veggie mix into the hollowed out sections. Return squash to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve with simple green salad and Enjoy!
Additions & Substitutions
- Skip the chickpeas
- Skip the olive oil
- Sub kale for other leafy greens like chard or spinach
Weight Loss & Lifestyle Program
- Sub chickpeas for white beans
- Add chopped pistachios or almonds on top for a little crunch
- Add in one of the following lean proteins/serving:
- Add 3-4 oz poultry/meat/tofu
- Add 4-6 oz fish/shellfish
- Add 2 eggs or 4 egg whites
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat1 g1.28%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg0%
- Sodium240 mg10.43%
- Total Carbohydrate24 g8.73%
- Dietary Fiber6 g21.43%
- Total Sugars4 g
- Protein7 g14%